Friday, September 17, 2010

last year

      A year ago, I wasn't in too great a place. I couldn't go to church because I was petrified of running into him. A year ago, I didn't know what the next year would hold. I still don't know what the next year holds. A year ago, I had very few goals beyond getting out of bed in time to not be late to drag myself through yet another dreaded day of school. I didn't go many places. I didn't see many people. I was very shy and could barely get up the guts to talk in class. I had such a terrible stage fright that I had to enunciate carefully in order to not have my words come out all jumbled and disoriented. I was disoriented. I could barely keep my thoughts separated from my conversations. My stories from books I'd read. My dreams from movies I'd watched.
   Now: I start mini conversations with drive through people. I sometimes get a minor glare from my teacher telling me it's time to be quiet. I go to church ever Sunday. I have goals. I have even more stories but I can keep them straight. I watch fewer movies but my dreams have exploded. Sometimes I wake up barely rested because of my dreams. I actually have to wait on the clock sometimes in order to not show up at my charge's place before he's ready to go. It's a good change.

No comments:

Post a Comment